Take Control of Your Thinning Hair
No one likes thinning hair. Maybe you’ve been noticing more stands in your hairbrush after showering or that your once full ponytail looking a little limp. This common problem affects 1 in 4 women, normally beginning in their 20s. While some hair loss is caused by genetics there are several causes including stress, nutrient deficiencies, or hormonal changes and imbalances. If your loss is not genetic there are things you can do to stop it. Read on for tips and products to help you take control of your thinning hair!
Tips from Chanel, our Licensed Dietitian
Thinning hair and hair loss is often due to stress, hormonal imbalances, and/or nutrient deficiencies (e.g. iron). Try the following steps to support your hair’s health!
Step 1: Start by optimizing your diet and managing stress.
- To ensure your getting adequate protein and iron, aim for a serving (the size of a deck of cards) of high quality protein with each meal (like wild-caught seafood, pasture-raised meats, and organic beans). Don’t be afraid to eat some skin, gravy, and bone broth to get beneficial nutrients and amino acids lacking in the muscle meats alone. Include iron rich veggies, like dark leafy greens to meals!
- During pregnancy, a woman’s nutritional needs change to support the growth of their baby. Many pregnant women experience anemia due to the increased need for iron to support their growing blood supply. Choosing a variety of the foods stated above can help to support their increased iron needs. You can also try Metagenics Prenatal vitamins!
- Don’t skimp on your fruits and veggies! Strive for 5 servings of veggies per day (a serving = ½ cup or 1 cup for raw greens) and 2-3 servings of fruit (a serving= ½ cup).
- Choose complex carbs like sweet potatoes, squash, and 100% whole grains vs. refined carbs like white flours, pastas and pastries.
- Opt for fruit for dessert! Try baking apple or pear slices with a little bit of butter or coconut oil, and a sprinkle of cinnamon and nuts for a cobbler effect!
- Do not fear the fats! We need fat to burn fat and function optimally. Choose high quality fats such as olive oil, coconut oil, avocados, nuts and seeds, and real butter or ghee (clarified butter) made from grass-fed cows.
Make time to relax, even if it’s just for 10 minutes a day! Try taking a hot bubble bath, a nice walk, stretching, meditation, deep breathing, exercise, reading, or connecting with a loved one.
Step 2: Help to fill any nutritional gaps by taking a good quality multivitamin, we like Metagenics Phytomulti. This helps recharge, nourish, and defend cells.
Step 3: Try Metagenics Collagenics supplement. This helps you produce collagen to support healthy, skin, hair, nails, bones & joints.
*Always consult with your doctor or healthcare professional before starting a supplement regimen!
Products that Work
We know how difficult it can be to deal with thinning hair, so we found the best products to keep your mane full and flowing!
These products help to restore your body’s own ability to grow new hair by getting to the root of the problem. This line assists your nerves in supplying keratin to hair follicles. It takes time for damaged nerves to reconnect to follicles, but once nerve health is restored, your healthy hair cycle is back in action and will continue to perform on its own. BONUS: Connect can also be used on brows to stimulate growth and used to strengthen nails!
PhytoCyane Densifying Shampoo For Thinning Hair
This shampoo was specifically formulated for women suffering from menopausal or hormonal hair loss. It uses cinchona bark, provitamin B5 and vitamin B6 to fortify the hair, and grapeseed, procyanidins and ginkgo biloba for anti-aging properties. This is great for restoring density and shine.
This potent blend of essential oils instantly purifies and stimulates micro-circulation to awaken the scalp and energize hair growth. (This oil is good for everyone since it remedies unbalanced scalp, whether it is dry, oily, itchy or sensitive!)
Need a personalized regimen to ensure healthy hair and scalp? Our retail experts are here to help you find all the right products! Want more in depth information? Call to book a consult with Chanel! She will go over all your health concerns and questions and give you everything you need to live vibrantly! (504) 835-0225