By now you have probably heard about the Keto Diet. This plan was initially created by doctors to control seizures in patients with epilepsy. This nutritional plan forces the body into Ketosis, a state in which the body is burning fat for energy instead of carbohydrates. The state of Ketosis has an unintended benefit: weight loss! While many people may picture burgers without buns, loads of bacon, and cheese when they imagine Keto that isn’t exactly right. Our plan, created by Metagenics, promotes healthy, plant based fats, tons of veggies, and moderate protein for a healthy approach to Keto. Interested? Read on to learn more about our Keto Group Plan!
What does the plan include?
We want to give you everything you need to succeed! Our plan includes the Metagenics Keto Kit, a group meeting with our dietician to make sure all your questions are answered, weekly check ins and, Bia tests to monitor your results, and on going support throughout your journey.
What’s in the kit?
- MCT Oil: MCT stands for medium chain triglycerides. This oil supports digestion, brain function and energy levels.
- Soup: perfect as a base for a veggie soup! It contains 14 grams of fat, 20 grams of protein, and 3 grams of MCT Oil.
- Shake: available in chocolate or vanilla. Convenient and so filling! Great for a meal replacement or pre workout snack.
- Exogenous Ketones: pushes you into ketosis in 15 minutes. This is great for taking at the beginning to keep you from feeling the effects of the keto flu!
- Blender bottle: for mixing your shake on the go!
- Recipe Guide, Restaurant Guide & Meal Plan: know exactly what to eat and what not to eat for maximum success!
Is this a long term diet?
We suggest staying on the Keto plan until you have lost your desired amount of weight, then switching over to a Mediterranean style plan.
- Want to get into ketosis fast? Step one: try a morning workout on an empty stomach. This will burn through some of your stored carbs and help push you towards burning fat faster. Next increase your fat intake.
- Count your Macros! We suggest you aim for 70% fat, 20% protein, and 10% carbs. Try downloading an app like MyFittnessPal to make counting your Macros easy!
- Remove temptation: Clean out your pantry of processed foods and fill up on keto friendly snacks, veggies, and high quality proteins!