In the past 25 years, we’ve come across an enormous amount of information for maintaining your health and beauty. We’ve seen every trick and trend in the book. For our 25th anniversary, we wanted to share the most useful and life-changing tips:
1) Get essential fuel for your body with flaxseed or fish oil
Nothing will affect the way you look and feel more. Omega-3s and 6s boost energy, hydrate from the inside, lubricate bones and joints, and help every organ in your body work more efficiently.
2) Create a positive environment.
Your environment has a huge impact on your energy. Make sure to choose environments that feed you instead of deplete you.
3) Slow down the aging process with Vitamin A
Topical Vitamin A (or Retinol) is essential to firm skin. It speeds up cell renewal, leaving your skin brighter. If you use one thing for anti-aging, make it Vitamin A.
4) Dry brush your skin for exfoliation and detoxification
Skin is your largest detoxification organ. Dry brushing increases circulation, improves skin tone, and reduces cellulite.
5) Don’t just mask environmental odors, eliminate them.
Putting a few drops of lemon essential oil on your AC filter will purify the air throughout your house, leaving it smelling fresh.
6) Avoid sugar.
Sugar is the enemy. Sugar breaks down collagen and causes your skin to age prematurely. It also has many other negative health consequences.
7) Take the “energy vitamin” CoQ10
CoQ10 helps your body to produce and maintain energy efficiently. This is especially beneficial for people taking statins.
8) Never be without the “essential” essential oils.
And those are tea tree oil and lavender oil. Tea tree is anti-microbial, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial. Lavender oil soothes both body and mind, promotes healing, and is great for insomnia.
9) Balance your peeling with healing.
When using aggressive anti-aging skin care products, it’s very important to incorporate healing, nourishing products and allow your skin to recover between treatments. Your skin doesn’t have to look irritated.
10) Avoid refined and processed foods.
Don’t underestimate the tremendous impact these foods have on how you look and feel. They show up negatively on your skin and have a tendency to dull your overall appearance.
11) Protect yourself and your health with vitamin D
Vitamin D boosts your immunity. Research has shown that if you get your Vitamin D levels up to 70, you have a less than 1% chance of most cancers, including breast cancer.
12) Use colloidal silver as a natural antibiotic and disinfectant.
Great for everything from countertops to cuts to internal health. Colloidal silver kills viruses and other harmful bacteria, helps to prevent illness and infection, soothes burns, and repairs tissue damage
13) Get regular massages.
A massage produces the same effects as 8 hours of sleep. The benefits are endless and well-documented and they feel amazing. Most important, massages relax your nervous system so you can get back to being yourself.
14) Don’t underestimate the impact of a well-shaped brow.
We have seen the amazing difference a well-shaped brow makes. The perfect brow can instantly improve the way you look and feel.
15) Use physical sunscreen not chemical.
Research has shown that chemical sunscreens can actually damage your skin and are often very irritating. Physical sunscreens soothe your skin and offer broad spectrum protection with no irritation.
16) Be mindful and stop multi-tasking.
Mindfulness is about doing what you’re doing when you’re doing it. Research has shown that multi-tasking dramatically reduces your productivity and the quality of your work. It’s also very stressful on your nervous system.
17) Boost collagen and reduce hyperpigmentation with topical Vitamin C
Used daily, it helps to correct past sun damage, improve skin tone, and protect your skin cells from future damage.
18) Maintain your healthy gut with probiotics
Make sure they are high quality with live organisms. Digestion is the key to health and your GI tract is all that stands between you and every disease known to man. Keep it working properly.
19) Pay attention to your thoughts.
As Buddha said, “You are your thoughts.” Just watching them changes them.
20) Eat whole, natural foods as much as possible.
Remember, you create yourself every day.
21) Use organic and unrefined coconut oil for everything.
The applications are endless: softens cuticles, gently removes make-up, prevents stretch marks, tames flyaways, treats hair overnight, and promotes healthy, smooth, and firm skin.
22) Use mustard bath to get rid of congestion and muscle soreness.
This is a powerful detoxifier. Use it at the first sign of a cold for immediate relief or when your whole body is feeling sore. It’s also great for completing your detox after a massage.
23) Apply seaweed filtrate on stressed, flaking and dehydrated skin.
Seaweed is perfectly designed by nature to be absorbed because it mimics the structure of skin. It contains all the vital nutrients needed to nourish skin – amino acids, vitamins, and minerals.
24) Take care of your candles.
Keep candle wicks trimmed to a quarter inch. Also, when lighting candles for the first time, let them burn for a least an hour or until the top surface of the candle has melted evenly. This will give you full use of your candles.
25) Choose happiness.
Your attitude makes all the difference.